BioStorage Technologies manages samples from anywhere in the world, either within our global biorepository facilities or onsite at your location
At BioStorage Technologies, our global facility operations are structured to support comprehensive lifecycle management of your sample assets. We understand that your samples are extremely valuable and may hold the key to future discoveries. That is why our operation’s teams are trained and certified to ensure that your samples are ready for anything, so they have the potential to tell you everything.
BioStorage Technologies has two global biorepository facilities; the headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana in the United States and a centrally-located European operation in Griesheim (near Frankfurt), Germany. Our purpose-built biorepositories are designed to ensure the security and protection of your scientific sample assets and have the capacity to store samples and freezers of samples, as well as other equipment and supplies. At our global facilities, we serve the sample management needs of clients from all around the world.
BioStorage Technologies Headquarters
Our North American biorepository in centrally-located Indianapolis, Indiana has been expanded to accommodate the growing demand for high-quality, life-cycle management of scientific sample assets. This facility is video-monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and also maintains heat, smoke and motion detection. Our facility is licensed by the FDA, TSA, and Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
BioStorage Technologies Europe Operations
Our Europe operations are located in Griesheim, Germany. This facility provides comprehensive biorepository services to bioscience companies around the globe who are seeking storage and management of sample assets from Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. This full service facility has identical operations and training of sample management personnel as within our North America facility. The consistency of our operations from one facility to the other allows our customers the option of locating samples closer to their research while maintaining centralized management and tracking of sample assets within our single global database, ISISS.
The Services we provide within our global operations facilities
Sample Security and Regulatory Compliance
- 24/7 secure and controlled access to our facilities
- Video monitoring and heat, smoke and motion detectors.
- Supports regulatory agency guidance and sample licensing requirements.
- Normalized and volumetric aliquoting
- Blood products separation: PBMC, plasma, serum
- Nucleic acid extraction and verification
Sample Registration and Tracking
- ISISS® technology, an FDA 21 CFR Part 11 compliant uneditable database
- Over 190 different sample bar code labels, in 1D and 2D, that can be scanned into the ISISS® database
- Each sample obtains a specific storage location supported by an uneditable audit trail tracking history
Sample Temperature-Controlled Storage
- Liquid nitrogen storage (-190°C)
- Ultra low-temperature storage (-70°C and -80°C)
- Cold storage (-20°C and 5°C)
- Controlled Room Temperature (15°C – 27°C).
Sample Temperature/Equipment Monitoring
- 24/7 continuously monitored temperature
- Storage equipment – wired, powered and tracked independently
- Auto-alerts sent when a storage unit requires a service check
- Redundant cooling systems ensure continuous internal air rotation
Sample Cold-Chain Logistics and Relocation
- Regulatory and logistics consulting expertise
- Close proximity to shipping hubs
- U.S. TSA certified cargo screening facility ensures fast transfer of shipments onto airlines
- Global suite of sample relocation services – ReloStandard, ReloEnhanced and ReloCustom
- Relofleet - mobile temperature-controlled transport of samples or freezers